Monday, January 11, 2010

The Dream

Hello!

I know it’s been a little while since my last post, but I leave in less than 11 days, so I will be updating the blog more regularly then.

Anyway, I had my very first dream about my study abroad last night! I’m surprised it took this long to happen, to be honest.

So, my friend Betsy is currently doing her study abroad semester in Copenhagen, and I think that’s how the dream started, since I was reading her blog late last night. Also, the fact that I had issues with the airport system in my dream came from me talking with my parents over the past few days about the specifics of international flying, which I’m still a little uneasy about.

So here’s the dream:

My dream was about my layover in Copenhagen (even though I’m not even flying through Europe in real life). In my dream I got confused about where I was and left the airport into Copenhagen. When I finally realized that I was in the wrong city, I tried to find a taxi to take me back to the airport. Unfortunately, no one spoke English, and when I finally found a taxi driver that did, he asked me up front if I had enough cash to get me back. I opened my wallet to find no cash whatsoever in my wallet, and he wouldn’t take my debit card.

So I tried walking back to the airport from where I was, because I couldn’t figure out how to get back on the metro (relating to Betsy’s blog about taking the wrong train). On my way back, with all my luggage by the way, I ran into Betsy and my other friend Lindsey, who goes to school in Hawaii. It was very comforting to see familiar faces in such an unfamiliar city.

And that’s when the dream ended.

The dream was very frustrating, since it encompassed all of my anxieties about study abroad, like the international traveling part, as well as the language barriers, getting lost, the money situation, public transportation, etc. But I think it’s significant that the dream ended on a good note with seeing my friends and feeling better.

Usually Lindsey and I like to interpret our dreams for fun, but I think this one is pretty straight forward. Who knows, maybe there is a deeper meaning to it? Let me know your thoughts! :)

Sweet dreams,
Kati

2 comments:

  1. I actually surprisingly never had a dream about study abroad. And if you accidentally ended up in Copenhagen, I would gladly come help you out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed Routh: Maybe you were dreaming about Copenhagen because I have to go that direction right after I get back from Macau. Going to Germany and they were trying to send me thru Amsterdam. Please don't go to Copenhagen because I would have a verrrrrrrrrry long wait at the Jakarta airport. Love you.

    ReplyDelete