Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Thank You Note

Dear Mom and Dad,

I just want to thank you for looking out for me while I’ve been here! I just received my third package from Mom, which was filled to the brim with Easter candy! I’m being a good sharer with my roommates, and we’re all enjoying the candy and Girl Scout cookies very much. They’re all saying “Kati’s mom is the best ever,” and “I love your mom!” Thanks for looking out for my well-being (chocolate is healthy for the soul).

And I want to thank Dad for remembering the Coco Chanel knock-off I had seen in Bali. I’ve always admired the girls on television with their cute Coco Chanel bags, and have dreamed of owning one myself. My dad, who is back in Bali on business, has taken the time to go back to the little street shop to find this bag! He is shipping me this beautiful bag – in two different colors. Now, a father that can remember the exact designer bag his daughter mentions in passing is really impressive. Thanks, Daddy, you’re the coolest!

And while I’m at it, I just want to thank you both for allowing me to go on this wonderful adventure! I know I’m pretty much squandering my Federal PLUS Loan on things I probably shouldn’t be spending government-loaned money on, like shopping and traveling… But I’m grateful that you have my back, both emotionally and financially, and I really, really, appreciate it.

I love you both!
Kati


It's a Thank You panda!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment